Wednesday 4 November 2009

Trial No.2 - Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Anti Ageing

Family life and this, that and the next thing meant I was once again shopping for what I consider to be a luxurious, life-enhancing product in the mundane setting of Asda.   Shoved along the conveyor belt among the cat crunchies and Maris Pipers, the Olay Total Effects lost a bit of its glamour but I feel a renewed excitement when I read this:

"Total Effects provides 7 powerful anti-ageing benefits in 1 essential product that is fragrance free:
 1  Line Minimisation - visibly reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles,
  2  Nourishing Moisturisation - For a Radiant Healthy Glow,
  3  Tone Enhancement: Balances colour and visibly reduces appearance of age spots,
  4  Gentle Exfoliation: Smoothes and evens skin texture,
  5  Pore Refinement: Minimises the appearance of pores,
  6  With Anti Oxidants:  Helps prevent the radical damage to the skin's surface layers,
  7  Subtle Firming: Hydrates for firmer skin appearance (yes! that's the part I'm interested in)
The result?  Visibly younger looking skin every day."

The night cream's blurb was just the same, except for reminding us that all the above would happen "while you sleep".

So, off I go again with hope in my heart.  The pots look the same as the last ones and there's not much difference in the packaging.  Perhaps the contents could be interchangeable too.  But no, I won't be negative. I'm really quite optimistic about number 7 on that list, although "subtle firming" is a bit weak for my liking. 

Tonight I'll apply the night cream extra-copiously.  Maybe that's where I went wrong with the L'Oreal - let's give it the benefit of the doubt. 

(£13.96 per pot)



























































































            

No comments:

Post a Comment