Thursday 8 October 2009

Wednesday Night Yoga

Last night I went to my yoga class, leaving strict instructions with daughter not to let son view any more "Saw" trailers on YouTube.  Yoga has transformed me, flexibility-speaking.  As I got near fifty,  my limbs and joints seemed to start seizing up, petrifying I think the word is.  Not good for morale.  When I had to pick something up off the floor I would glance around to see what else I could do while I was down there - just like that old joke.  Very funny.  Within six months I was a new woman, or a bendier one at least.  I can't quite get my ankles crossed behind my neck but this is good enough for me.  I can crouch right down to the lowest shelf in TK Max without feeling, or hearing, a thing.  And I can get back up again.

I was a bit gloomy going to my class.  Special Boy had come in from school with news of disastrous maths results.  For once he wasn't angry and defensive, blaming his pencil/jotter/teacher/me, just sad and apologetic.  I wanted to kiss and cuddle him and he actually let me.  I think he's had a wake-up call and he's promising to pull up his socks, knuckle down and generally start listening in class.  I left him doing maths revision from old workbooks I had bought for Gorgeous Girl at the same age.  She went through a similar maths crisis and her (mainly wrong) 12-year-old answers were still there on the pages.  But now look at her - third year of a law degree.  So I'm trying not to worry unduly about Special Boy, although I will capitalise on his remorsefulnes for as long as possible.  

After yoga I gave myself a bit of a facial.  I wish I could report the beginnings of a transformation but I would be lying.  I live in hope.   

No comments:

Post a Comment