Saturday 3 October 2009

Brigitte Bardot to Vivienne Westwood

There are several women I'd like to resemble in one way or another.  I'll list them here in alphabetical order (just in case I spark off any jealousy between them):

1    Brigitte Bardot, obviously.  She was in the papers this week, turning 75, along with Sophia Loren.    Whereas Sophia was shown looking fabulous with coiffed hair and an off-the-shoulder gown, Brigitte looked like a woman of 75 who had never fretted about anti-ageing creams. I would like to have her attitude, relaxed and accepting of the ageing process, and I'd like her face too, but perhaps more as it was when she was dating Sasha Distel in St. Tropez.  (Sophia's not on my list - sorry Sophia).

2    Helena Bonham Carter.  Her hair, her face, her clothes, her voice, her slightly dishevelled, ungroomed style, everything.

3    Elizabeth Emanuel.  I love her hair and I loved Princess Diana's fantastically puffy wedding dress. 

4    Vivienne Westwood.  The wacky clothes, the orange hair - and she's not bothered about looking every inch of whatever age she is. 

5    Jo Wood.  There's a bit of the "Bardot in her Fifties" look about Jo Wood.  She's gorgeous.  I've not had her on my list for long as I didn't really know much about her until her husband left her for a teenager.  What was he thinking about?  Oh... yes.

6    Amy Winehouse.  Her singing voice.  And her hair of course.  I asked my hairdresser once to "backcomb my hair like Amy Winehouse" and was sorry I had.  I came out looking like Gail from Coronation Street.  

I could have Carrie Bradshaw on my list but I'm sure she's in big demand on everyone else's list so I'll leave her out.

The L'Oreal Revitalift trial is going well.  Now into Day 3 and managing to cope with the demands of a day and a night cream.  Funnily enough I now have a spot on my chin which perversely I am quite enjoying.  Makes me feel young again.  I'm sure it's nothing to do with the cream, probably just the last hormone departing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment