Thursday 1 October 2009

Thursday 1 October 2009 - Trial Number 1 - L'Oreal Revitalift

At last!  I thought I'd never reach this stage what with the ironing, shopping, cleaning and my other job as personal servant to both my children.  Anyway, the other day I bought from Tesco L'Oreal Revitalift Innovation With Elastin Anti-Wrinkle + Firming Day Cream at £13.69 and also L'Oreal Revitalift... Night Cream at £9.27.  The bombardment of all those "you're worth it" ads during every commercial break on Channel 4 has paid off for them.  My plan is to always buy both day and night creams, if possible, to give the product maximum opportunity to transform me.  Not too pricey for this brand but later, when I'm onto the more "exclusive" creams - the ones they don't sell in Tesco - well, I've started saving already. 

I am more concerned with sagginess rather than wrinkles because, believe me, it's much more ageing.   I had selected the most unflattering picture I've ever considered showing anyone (but the least awful from a hideous photoshoot courtesy of my husband (why does he not run a mile?  I don't think he can see properly)).  However I just couldn't sleep knowing it was out there and had to change it for one of me in partial disguise, so please just take my word for it.   The lava-down-a-mountain slipping of flesh from the cheeks, the overhang on either side of the chin, the pouches of flesh beneath the hollowed eye socket.  Is it nature's way of letting you see yourself as a cadaver?  How kind.

The leaflet in the box is printed in French, Spanish, Italian, German and English.  I like that.  Conjures up images of glamorous, groomed Continental women.  It must be good.  The product contains "Elastin,  similar to that found in the skin...: skin feels firmer and more toned."  The Results claim that "Day after day the skin's elasticity is improved: wrinkles appear reduced and skin looks visibly smoother," and " Skin feels firmer: 96% agree"  Yes!  Now you're talking!  This seems to be based on using it for 4 weeks.  I'm giving it 4 weeks and I can't wait. 

What a day!  It's not raining and my children are not coming in for tea!  Whatsmore, I'm on the road to transformation!

Or am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment