Wednesday 2 February 2011

Lidl - Cien Sensitive Face Cream - The Results

It's been a while.  A long while.  But, while not being the most reliable blogger in the world, I have painstakingly carried on trialling anti-ageing face creams with pathetic desperation.  Next to go under the microscope was Lidl Cien Sensitive Face Cream with "Active Aloe Vera Extract".  It made no claims aside from "Long-Lasting Moisture" and "pH Skin Neutral" but I have a friend who swears by all things aloe vera and therefore had to give it a try.  Also the price was very attractive.  By the time I bought it the price had been reduced to £1.99 and then to 99p!  I stocked up!  It's lightweight, with a natural subtle scent.  I also bought the face mask and the eye gel.  After months of working my way through the stuff I look fine.  No transformation but no dramatic deterioration either.  I've come to realise that this is the best you can hope for. 

To sum up...I have to say that any cream on your skin will do the job of moisturising, some better than others.  I have found that none of the creams I tested had any anti-ageing effect (more's the pity) but I think I suspected that all along.

My neighbour, who in my opinion is really too young to worry about such things, told me of her own trial.  She bought a pot of Guerlain or Chanel or some other pricey anti-ageing product and used it only on one side of her face until the pot was empty.  Can you guess the results?  Can you?  That's right, no difference at all.  None of the defining, lifting, reducing, etc. that's always sort of promised on the blurb.  Even so, she did enjoy using it.  Nice smell, luxurious texture, gorgeous expensive packaging...   Hmmm...  My Lidl Cien stockpile is beginning to lose some of its utility charm. 

1 comment:

  1. Mario Badescu Skin Care's Anti-Aging Resource Center contains all of the information you need to understand aging skin and find out how to treat it! www.sheridanfrance.co.uk

    ReplyDelete